Intero Real Estate Services Contributes Back One Organization at a Time
Posted by Teressa Francis — June 11, 2013
Cupertino, California – All year long is the season of giving for the agents at Intero Real Estate Services. Through the Intero Foundation (www.interofoundation.org), a non-profit organization, created by the founders of Intero Real Estate Services in 2002, the agents, along with their families and friends, raise money to support organizations that positively impact the growth and well-being of children in need in their communities.
So far, this year, the Intero Foundation has generated over $94,000 through fundraising events as well as agent and employee contributions, far surpassing donations in the same timeframe last year.
The money raised by the Foundation is given to various non-profits through their grant program. This process includes submission of a Grant Proposal from the organization that is then reviewed by the Foundation Committee. Grants are given out once a quarter to a different region. This past quarter, the Foundation focused on the South County areas of Gilroy, Morgan Hill, and Hollister as well as the Silver Creek area of San Jose. The next round of grants due in June will focus on the Bay Area Peninsula.
“At Intero, we truly believe in our commitment to giving back to the communities we work in and the Intero Foundation is our way of demonstrating that,” Says Cathy Jackson, Intero Foundation President. “We pride ourselves in continuing to support a wide range of organizations all with the mission of helping children in need.”
Just this past month, the Foundation gave $37,500 to the following organizations:
1. DreamPower (www.dreampowerhorsemanship.com) – Provides therapeutic horsemanship programs and services to children, teens and adults with special needs. The Intero Foundation has supported DreamPower since 2007, giving them a total $64,500 over the past six years.
2. Chamberlain's Children Center (www.chamberlaincc.org) – Empowers at-risk children in a home-like environment to heal from past trauma, discover their strengths, and develop the skills they need to achieve life-long success. A first time grantee.
3. Small Steps (www.smallstepssbc.org) – Provides warm winter coats and shoes for children of San Benito County that may not otherwise receive these needed items. The Intero Foundation has supported Small Steps since 2004, giving them a total $75,500 over the past nine years.
4. Community Solutions (www.communitysolutions.org) – Creates opportunities for positive change by promoting and supporting the full potential of individuals, the strengths of families, and the well-being of our community. A first time grantee.
5. Teen Force (www.teenforce.org) – A self-sustaining non-profit organization that helps teens (ages 14-20) gain work experience. A first time grantee.
6. Next Door Solutions (www.nextdoor.org) – Promotes safety for battered women and their children through emergency shelter; multiple points of entry for victims; individuals, system and institutional advocacy; crisis intervention; education for victims and the community; and the changing of community norms through prevention activities. A first time grantee.
Find out more about the Intero Foundation to by visiting their website: interofoundation.org
To apply for a grant for your non-profit organization, see the grant application guidelines here.
About the Intero Foundation
Funded, promoted and governed by Intero agents and employees, the Intero Foundation is a non–profit organization guided by the principle that one must give in order to receive and committed to helping children in need. Since its inception in 2002, the organization has raised more than $2 million, have over $500,000 in their endowment and have supported over 120 charities that positively impact the growth and well-being of children in need.
About the Intero® Brand
Founded in 2002, Intero Real Estate Services, Inc. has quickly become one of the premier real estate brands in the U.S. In 2004, Intero Franchise Services Inc. began franchising and currently is operating in many of the western states. In 2009, Intero International Franchise Services, LLC embarked on developing territories in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. The companies are private and headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley.