The Marin Community Fund of Pacific Union Real Estate Keeps on Giving
Posted by Karen Monroe — June 7, 2009
Agent Donation Program Continues to Support Local Organizations
Marin, CA – (June 8, 2009) – It’s the best time of year when The Marin Community Fund at Pacific Union Real Estate awards funding to dozens of local non-profits in need of support. Since 1994, the annual giving has taken place early in the year, and 2009 is no exception. This year, more than $15,000 was awarded to benefit 28 Marin County nonprofits.
“The Marin Community Fund is really a Pacific Union agent organization. It’s completely agent driven,” said Caleen Dodge, an active Fund member and agent at Pacific Union’s Greenbrae office. “We keep track of everything. We solicit our agents to participate and hand-pick the organizations to receive the funding each year. Writing the checks is the best part.”
More than a decade ago, the Community Fund was launched by and for the firm’s Marin agents to help raise funds to support local organizations in need. Thanks to the tireless efforts of Pacific Union agents Tina McArthur, Dodge and Jane Richmond, the Fund has consistently grown each year in agent participation and funding to award grants to groups such as the Family Service Agency of Marin, Marin Advocates for Children and other health, arts and environmental nonprofits.
To participate in the fund, agents commit to donating a dollar amount from each completed property sale transaction. Board members of the Community Fund then allocate dollars according to the proposals for grants they receive from various Marin organizations.
Among these groups are:
· ARTS: Lark Theater, Marin Theatre Company, Marin Symphony
· ENVIRONMENT: Marin Conservation League.
· COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE: Ritter Center, Canal Alliance, Marin Community Food Bank, Image for Success.
· ANIMALS: Hopalong/Second Chance Rescue, Marin Humane Society, Marine Mammal Center, Wildcare.
· HEALTH: Zero Breast Cancer, Rally to Celebrate Life, Hospice by the Bay/Concours d’Elegance, Marin County Bicycle Coalition.
· CHILDREN/FAMILY/SENIORS: Godmothers of Timothy Murphy School, Senior Access, Whistlestop/Marin Senior Coordinating Council, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Family Services Agency of Marin, Osher Marin JCC/Early Childhood Education, Spectrum, Marin Abused Women’s Services, Marin Center for Independent Living/Angels by the Bay, Fair Housing of Marin, Jewish Family & Children’s Services.
For more information about the Marin Community Fund, contact Dodge at 415.945.6321 or email email@example.com.
Pacific Union Real Estate
Since 1975, Pacific Union Real Estate has thoughtfully matched generations of buyers and sellers throughout the entire Bay Area. Pacific Union focuses on delivering outstanding quality and unparalleled service to a full spectrum of discerning clients. Pacific Union is the 2008 recipient of two distinguished four star Americas Property Awards in association with CNBC and The New York Times as the Best Real Estate Firm in California and for the Best Real Estate Agency Marketing in the USA for superior marketing materials and client services in the luxury marketplace. A premier, locally managed brokerage with knowledgeable, experienced real estate professionals, Pacific Union takes a leading edge to new technology applications designed to enhance the client experience. For more information, visit www.pacunion.com.